- MODEL NO.: GT-6887 (2 in 1)
- MINI ELECTRONIC METAL & VOLTAGE DETECTOR
- METAL DETECTION LED INDICATOR STAYS ON
- VOLTAGE DETECTION LED INDICATOR BLINKS
- METAL DETECTOR:
- Sensitive electronic circuitry pin-points any metal objects, pipes, reinforcing steel rods, inside walls & plasters.
- VOLTAGE DETECTOR:
- Detects A.C. Voltage (whether current flows or not), Non-contact indication of voltage carrying objects.
- Powered by a 9-volt battery.(not included)
- Low power consuming LED indicator
- No probe necessary.
- Remove cover with a coin.
- Insert battery (9v alkaline, not included).Observe polarity, Don’t damage the wires, Replace the cover.
- Turn on the set with blue adjusting wheel. The LED indicator (small red light) will immediately light steadily. Make sure that no metal parts of voltage carrying parts are nearby. Turn the wheel until the indicator light goes off. Now the set is ready for use.
- Hold the detector as shown in the picture and move it along the wall. Bigger metal parts (conducts, water pipes) will be indicated up to a distance of 3-1/2”(9cm).The LED will light steadily while metal is being detected.
- AC voltage carrying parts (not shielded conductors or those within metal conduct or pipe) will be shown with a blinking light. The indicator will light up from a greater distance if “power is running”.
- The sensitivity of the set can be pin-pointed at the exact place of metal parts or current conducting wirings. To do this, set the adjusting dial as under point 3.However, after the light is off, turn the dial a little further still to narrow detecting range.
- When the unit gives a “No voltage” reading, (no blinking motion of LED when touching the conductor), check the unit on a known voltage source BEFORE touching any conductor.
- IT WILL NOT DETECT SHIELDED CONDUCTORS.
- i.e. THOSE IN METAL CONDUIT, IT ONLY SHOWS PRESENCE OF METAL.TO LOCATE WIRING IN A WALL-Trace across the suspect wall area with detector and observe LED lit for the wire location.
- Note:1) Some wall may contain metallised fibre for fireproofing, this will tend to spread the area of voltage pick up. Placing the Operator’s free hand on the wall may cancel the effect.
- 2) Rubbing or banging the detector on the wall may generate static electricity and cause a false reading.
- Because of the extremely small current required to cause a reading on the unit, an apparent false reading may be seen in some situations, ie. a conductor with poor insulation touching a damp wall, will show a voltage on the wall. In this situation the unit is indicating a potential hazard which should be checked with a voltmeter.
- Product size: 6 x 2 x 15 cm
- Product weight: 150 g
- Package size: 12.3 x 3 x 22 cm
- Package weight: 0.300 kg
- Mini Electronic 2 In 1 Metal Voltage Detector with LED Indicator Handheld Tool